This is your chance to join an exciting company seeking to develop precision treatments for neurodegenerative and rare diseases. We are looking for a passionate scientist who can focus both on details and the big picture to help us advance our programs. The successful candidate will integrate productively with a talented team and will be an exceptional colleague.
The company’s targeted approaches leverage human genetic data and unique biological expertise to identify and develop small molecules that enhance autophagy and mitophagy, accelerating the clearance of toxic materials and dysfunctional cellular machinery.
The rigorous, scientific product engine is founded by renowned academic and industry leaders Tim Harris, Wade Harper, and Ivan Dikic, and backed by AbbVie, Alexandria, Amgen, Dementia Discovery Fund, Eisai, Merck, and SV Health. The company is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform manual patch clamp to generate E/IC50s for compounds to support our discovery programs
- Record experimental parameters and detailed results and observations
- Analyze experiments including statistical analysis of data
- Present experimental results to multifunctional project teams
- Teach more junior members of the team how to patch clamp
- Interact with our chemistry and pharmacology groups to coordinate prioritization of efforts
- PhD in biology or a related field
- 5+ years patch clamp experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated mentorship ability
- Excellent recordkeeping skills and computer literacy (including the use of spreadsheets, graphing programs, and databases)
- Industry experience is a plus
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.